Lifehouse's 13 acres of listed gardens were laid out by Viscountess Marie Evelyn Byng, when Lord Byng bought Thorpe Hall in 1913.
Marie employed a host of renowned gardeners, nurserymen and designers, transforming the landscape and introduced many new botanical species to the gardens.
Queen Mary, Churchill and Rudyard Kipling were regular visitors to Thorpe Hall and its famous gardens.
Today these well-tended gardens are a place of tranquillity and inspiration for guests. Two ponds, a walled rose garden, rock gardens and acres of open woodland and heath make this an exciting bonus for any visitor.