Contact The Wood Norton
Tel: 01386 765 611
The Wood Norton is an impressive Grade II listed Victorian building in a countryside setting on the outskirts of the riverside town of Evesham, in the shadows of the Malvern Hills and on the edge of the Cotswolds.
The recent history of Wood Norton Hall began in 1872, when the exiled French Duc d'Aumale purchased the estate as a hunting lodge.
By 1897, the estate had passed to his great nephew, the Duc D’Orleans, who saw Wood Norton as the ideal location to base the Bourbon-Orleans family. The hunting lodge was then converted into the Hall that stands today.
Wood Norton played host to many noble guests from around the world, culminating in the wedding of the Princess Louise of Orleans (Grandmother of the present King Juan Carlos of Spain) and Prince Charles of Bourbon in 1907. The Duc had a wooden chapel erected specifically for the ceremony, however, amidst all of the excitement the license for the chapel was forgotten so the actual ceremony took place in Evesham!